WG3 Quantum Physics and Society
This working group will focus on the relation between society and academia with respect to atom quantum physics and technology.
- Leader: Dr Veronica AHUFINGER (Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain)
- Vice leader: Dr Jordi MOMPART (Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain)
- Interfacing with policy makers.
- Provide an outreach platform beyond the standard opening days.
- Develop a best practice guide for outreach.
- Interact directly with decision makers at the highest level – both nationally and internationally.
- Address the geographic disequilibrium in quantum-high technology.
- Seeking actively to influence policy on quantum-high-tech in Europe and nationally through reports
and direct contact with decision makers.
- Directly attack the gender imbalance in the sciences at an early stage of education.
Milestones: Establishment of lasting direct contacts to decision makers.
- Organisation of and contribution to at least eight outreach events.
- International outreach and vulgarisation of key research results from the network.
- Contributions to two summer schools.